There are a few ways you can place an order with me, either in person or online.
- First, if you live fairly close to me in York, you can ask for a book or digital brochure and then place your order through me for me to deliver to you.
- You can ask for a copy of the digital brochure and then place the order direct with Avon via the brochure and have your products delivered straight to you.
- Order via my online shop for delivery direct from Avon.
Each month I share the current digital brochure on my Facebook Page and in my Facebook Group. I will also start to share it here on my blog.
I was an Avon Representative in the early 2000s when we moved to York. I needed a way to make a little bit of cash while we settled in to a new city and waited for the new school year to start. I had taken the decision to have the Summer off before looking for a job so I could spend the time with my son without having to find a childminder or out of school club to take him. I left after a couple of years as “life got in the way” and I didn’t have the time or the want to be traipsing round the streets in the cold, wet evenings of Autumn, Winter and Spring putting books through doors and then having to go out again to pick them up. Back then, we didn’t have our own online shops.
Fast forward to last year and I was looking at the Avon website to see what products they have added to their line-up and what is still available over 15 years later. I decided, probably more on a whim than anything else, to join again. I’m actually glad I did.
It’s been a bit of a rocky start as I tried to find out how it all works now that there is an online store and digital brochure as well as the paper books. Then, of course, lockdown came along and Avon stopped publishing the books as we were encouraged not to use the paper brochures and switch, where possible, to the digital version and encourage customers to order direct via our online shops. During this time, I haven’t had any orders from my paper book customers but I have gained 2 online customers who have asked for books when they start up again this month.
One good thing which has come out of the lockdown, in my opinion, is the changes Avon UK have made to the way we earn our commission and the number of books which will be released each year.
- Before lockdown, we had to place orders of a minimum amount before we earned any commission. It wasn’t a high target but it wasn’t all that low for anyone who just wanted to earn a little bit of “pin money”. Now, we earn commission from the first £1 of orders.
- Up until this month, the books were released in campaigns which last for 3 weeks. As of July, each book will last for 1 month which, I think, makes it a lot easier to plan the delivery and collection of books and delivery of orders.
Avon is not the best company when it comes to earning potential. By this I mean that the maximum you can earn is 25% of orders and you have to hit a set level of orders before you get that. However, I do like having an online shop for customers to order direct as well as the digital brochure which is easy to read on a tablet or computer. I also like having a well-known product which is consumable. If a client likes it, they will come back and buy it again.